As Christians we sometimes walk through life thinking we are letting God be in control until something happens and we realize we are still trying to control certain areas of our life. Well let me entertain you for the next few mintues...
Over the past 96 hours of my life this is what occured, and I'm not making this stuff up...
Rewind to this past Sunday...long weekend of traveling to AL...Craig leaves Sunday afteroon for Charleston...and the events unfold...
Sunday night my phone was dying...went to charge it and couldn't find the charger...called Craig...it was in his car...searched the house high and low for another charger that would match the other 2 back-up phones we have...10 chargers - 2 phones...none matched! I'm grabbing my purse to go to the store to buy a new one at 8:45...purse but no wallet...in his car...both of which were in his console...I had 25 dollars cash...bought a car charger...not thinking that I wouldn't be able to charge the phone w/o the car turned on....get home leave the car turned over and phone charging...pop me some popcorn and realize I put it in for to long as smoke emerges from the microwave...black as could be... At this point I'm like I need a bubble bath...(phone is still charging in car) The dogs start going nuts as I'm finishing up my bath...I have a white face mask cream on... after about 10 minutes I realize the doorbell is ringing and it's Patte from up the street...I open the door and she says Craig has been trying to get me for 30-45 minutes and the last he knew I had gone to get a phone charger and my phone was dying...he wasn't sure if I made it home... it's 10:00 at this point...I just started crying. I mean I'm standing there in one of his t-shirts, a leapord headband on and a white cream mask melting off my face from the tears, I have no wallet or money, no phone charger worth anything and Patte says, Did you burn something?"
Enjoy your laugh...
So it continues...
Craig overnights me my wallet and charger to arrive on Tuesday. Well the package got lost...imagine that...I finally recieve the package this morning.
Several other events took place the past 2 nights but I'll spare you those details...needless to say I'm not in control and realize that when these types of things happen.
This was a good learning lesson for me in several areas of my life. I can now laugh at myself and look on the bright side.
Have a happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Voting
No comments:
Post a Comment