Friday, February 18, 2011

When God Calls Are You Willing to Follow?

As a Christian we should pray for the Lord's Will and not our own (1 John 5:14-15). When we pray for His Will, do we really realize the magnitude of what He might reveal and ask us to do? I think we quickly forget that we serve a mighty big God (Matthew 17:20). His thoughts are not those of our own (Isaiah 55: 8-9).

Lately, I have really thought about the word: Sacrifice. God sacrificed His only son, Jesus, so that we might have eternal life. So, is it too much for Him to ask us to sacrifice: family, friends, jobs, money, stuff, comfort, time, and the list go on? No, but we all struggle with being comfortable. I believe the Lord doesn't want us to get comfortable and doesn't allow us to either. If we were comfortable with our life, we would never fall to our knees before him.

These are my thoughts as I share some exciting news with you.

Craig has accepted and started a job at The Citadel in Charleston, SC. This will be our fourth move in less than 3 years. This will be the fourth state we have lived in less than 3 years. We have never lived somewhere more than 1 year. Wow, just typing that out makes me exhausted. Each move has come with an answer to us diligently praying for the Lord's Will; for Him to reveal to us His plan and not our own. Each time is a struggle; we plant into a great church, I get a job, we make friends, we start getting into a routine, and the Lord says, "Don't get comfortable you are moving again." I have to process the information, give a notice at work, say goodbye to friends and family, leave my new community group, pack my bags, and start all over again. It's exhausting emotionally and physically.

Is it worth all of that?
YES. YES. YES. I wouldn’t change 1 thing that Craig and I have been through the past 3 years. It has made us depend on God more every day, and shown us that it's not about us. Everything we do is about HIM. We wouldn't trade any of the life experiences and friends for the comfort of staying in 1 place.

Risks
God calls us to take risks (Ecclesiastes 11: 11-6). Each move we have made has always looked like a risk to someone and to us. Craig took a major pay cut when he got out of the Navy to go be a Graduate Assistant at Austin Peay State University. Some people thought we were crazy. We knew we weren't crazy; we were taking a step of faith, trusting the Lord that His Will, he revealed, was better than ours. He never failed us. We never struggled financially, and Craig was making pennies compared to what he made in the Navy. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

With all that said...WE are moving for our fourth time to a different state! Craig will be the QB/B-backs coach at The Citadel in Charleston, SC. We are very excited!

In closing, take a step out in faith, you may not know where the stair case will lead you but I can promise you one thing...You'll never know if you don't take the risk and make the sacrifice. Don't live life wondering what if I would have just....Pray for the Lord's Will and let Him reveal His plan for your life. When He does be ready for BIG things, and trust him completely along the way.

Cheers to Charleston!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you. I will see you again in charleston when we visit my family. God is good! Praise the lord!

    ReplyDelete

Voting

Followers