Thursday, February 3, 2011

Looking at life through a different set of lens.

Have you ever stopped and thought about looking at life through at different set of "lenses"? Lately I've been trying to look at life differently. There have been periods of my life where my perspective has varied, but this time I'm really trying to put forth the effort to not see my circumstances as being so bad. Remembering that someone else is always living, hurting, needing more than me. Daily I'm reminded of this as I drive into work. The back roads into downtown Atlanta are filled with homeless, starving, job needing people. As I approach this one light every day, there is a Labor office on the corner where I see lots of men standing in line hoping that they will get chosen to do some type of work that day. It breaks my heart to the point that I can't look in that direction, but then again I think about how the Lord looks down at us everyday and we break his heart. I was helping take care of Craig's mom in Florida last week after she had her colon cancer removed. Craig found out while I was gone that he was getting Sunday off of work. I proceeded to tell him I was jealous for his time; in this business it's rare that he gets time off. Yes, even Sundays. As I was sitting on the plane Sunday afternoon about to fly back to Atlanta, I was thinking about how the Lord is jealous for our time, our heart, our love, and the list goes on. It made me sad to think that I put so many things, time, and energy before him. The song "Oh How He Loves Us" came to my mind and wouldn't go away. The Lord is jealous for me is the first words of the song. WOW! To think of how jealous I was of Craig's time, I can't even imagine how jealous the Lord is for my time. I believe he has been working on my heart to share this with someone. HE is jealous for your time, heart, soul, and mind.

Listen to the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps&feature=fvwrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting

Followers