Thursday, February 24, 2011

Girl Time

Lately, I've had some time to myself. I always tell my friends whose husbands are deployed or deploying things they should try and do while their spouse is away. All those things you do when your husband is home, you suddenly don't have to worry about anymore. Yes, you take on more responsibilites like paying the bills, taking care of the dogs or kids, but you aren't having to cook for 2 or do laundry for 2. Suddenly your routine has changed over night. So what do you do...Well I've found that taking time for myself and doing things I haven't had time for is refreshing and reminds me what an independent being I am. It certainly makes me miss Craig, but I think these times can be healthly when looked at from the right perspective. I have enjoyed spending time with my mom and sister, teaching baton, shopping with my best friend, running at 6am in the moring with my friend Liz, taking the dogs on long walks, getting a mani/pedi, eating dinner if and when I feel like, bubble baths, cleaning and the list goes on. I have done all of this in a weeks time. Now when I get to see Craig I will be able to focus on him and our time together while being refreshed. Even though it's hard being away from your spouse, sometimes it's just what a woman needs to find herself again. Change your routine the next time your husband goes on a business trip, guys weekend (don't forget to have your girl weekend's ladies), and see if you aren't refreshed. Tell him you won't be doing his laundry while he is away. Take some time for yourself...we all need it and deserve it once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Voting

Followers